Fullstack WordPress Developer (Contract)
Beyond is a design and technology agency made up of passionate people focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for clients including Google, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat.
If you’re looking for an environment where you can apply your skills with intelligent and inspiring people, whilst learning and growing new areas, Beyond is the perfect place for you.
Everyone is focused around making the best work and the agency is built around this, from our structure, to process, to training, to culture and the way we engage with our clients. It is all about Making It Better.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress Developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
This is a contract role for an initial 6 months, starting November or early December.
As a WordPress Developer, you will:
- Design and build the front-end of the websites
- Create the website architecture
- Design and manage the back-end of websites including database and server integration
- Generate WordPress themes and plugins
- Conduct website performance tests
- Troubleshoot content issues
- Monitor the performance of live websites
As a WordPress Developer at Beyond, we’d like you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Experience building maintainable and scalable CSS using architecture patterns like BEM
- Knowledge of back-end technologies including PHP and Twig.
- Knowledge of responsive web design
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git.
- Understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards (WCAG)
- Good communication skills.
- Working with modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools)