Visual Designers s want to create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers work with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on League of Legends:
Wild Rift’s In-Game initiative , you will develop visual design concept mockups, interface layouts, iconography, and other visual assets to build upon the in-game player experience.
You will work with the Senior Visual Designer and UX designers on the team to cover all In-Game workflows while evolving our collaborative workflow on Figma and contributing to style guides. You’ll work with Producers, Artists, and Designers across the product.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Develop in-game UI and HUD solutions with an understanding of layout, color, value and interactive systems design
- Team up with UX designers, Product, and Motion Graphics to develop experiences in-game
- Plan out work with the team and set expectations for development and workflow to bring concepts to final designs
- Create vector artwork, iconography, and rasterized assets that are high-quality and optimized
- Maintain source work and manage libraries for future development
- Provide and look for feedback
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or equivalent education
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and other visual creation tools
- Strength in design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, color, etc.)
- Experience playing League of Legends or other MOBAs
- Familiarity with Unity or other 3D software
- Background in Mobile UI development
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking ies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application. Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, r category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).