Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2022-01-11
3D Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Technical Designer
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Our client, a women’s plus-sized brand based in Los Angeles is looking for a Technical Designer to join their team for a 2-month contract opportunity. The Technical Designer is responsible for ensuring consistency of fit and quality in the assigned product by generating all specifications and fit comments, participating in fitting meetings, and making corrections as needed. Please only apply if located in the Los Angeles area as this role requires onsite work.
- Partners with Merchants, and Design Teams to establish the direction of the fit and garment details.
- Creates grading specs, garment measurements, and how to measure sketches; develops and/or corrects patterns when necessary.
- Creates fit comments; notes all design and specs discrepancies prior to fittings.
- Develops clear and complete fit comments for each style.
- Tracks fit approval and sample process; organizes fit samples received, including logging received samples and scheduling fitting; maintain Time & Action sample log sheet.
- Executes fit comments from concept to TOP of assigned and additional product classifications.
- Communicates daily with vendors, Merchants, Design, and Production teams for T&A and product execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Design or related field
- 3+ years experience in technical design, pattern making, or quality assurance, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Illustrator, MS Word, and Excel.
- Basic understanding of fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
If this fits your background, apply today! #fashion
The Solomon Page Distinction
Solomon Page offers a comprehensive benefit program for hourly employees. We pride ourselves on offering medical, dental, 401(k), direct deposit and commuter benefits to our employees, including freelancers – which sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results.
For more information and additional opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linked
Search for further Jobs Here: