Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2022-01-10
3D Design, CAD, Engineering Design
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Performs complex design, layout and checking in areas where is scope of work is not always clearly defined or in the development stage. From basic engineering data, analyzes and defines requirements and devises solutions to problems in accordance with engineering standards and specifications, industry practices, and related codes. Has a working knowledge of all types of materials and equipment used in the industry, its’ function, operation and maintenance.
Minimum supervision, works independently on assigned work with latitude of individual action. Primary responsibility is to relieve the supervisor on major technical problems.
A.S. degree in technical field, or equivalent work experience. Courses in computer assisted drafting (CAD) techniques. Thorough knowledge of design techniques and procedures for engineering disciplines. Expereience in mechanical, civil, structural, electrical, piping, process, measurement and instrumentation or related design activities. Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of, and experience with, intergrapgh and CAD.
- Sr. Designer:
Minimum ten (10) years of related design and construction experience. Required.
Minimum five (5) years of related design and construction experience. Required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting client and departmental objectives.
- Ability to define requirements, identify resources and control schedule.
- Ability to translate conceptual engineering designs into layouts, drawings and P&’s that incorporate client need, operation, maintenance, safety and cost.
- Knowledge of engineering and design concepts.
- Ability to approach tasks with “common sense” and develop realistic solutions.
- Experience with the application of computer graphics to design drafting.
- Must be knowledgeable of the latest idustry practices.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of basic math and have working knowledge of algebra and trigonmetry.
- Ability to prepare cost estimates.
- Must be able to prepare written communication on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management.
- Communications may be in the form of either reports or memos and must be presented in a concise and organized manner.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical information and concepts with all levels of management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Search for further Jobs Here: