Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals.
We’re a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
Ruggable is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Textile Designer to join its Textile Design Team. This role needs a creative and highly detail-oriented individual who is excellent at time management, meeting deadlines and has a passion for rug/interior design. The ideal candidate will be skilled at CAD tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, show strong drawing, and fine art skills, and be excited about textile design and staying on top of home décor trends.
What You’ll Do:
• Be Responsible for the high-quality execution of designs in all assigned collections that are relevant and trend-setting while upholding the aesthetic of the Ruggable brand
• Work with the Design team to develop new designs following from concept to production based on the guided direction
• Partners with Design Managers and Leads to develop line direction from product conception through final execution
• Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and styles according to the calendar
• Positively mentors and guides other designer staff
• Create cohesive and clean files that work cross-departmental for an omnichannel approach to brand engagement
• Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines strong communication skills: listen, ask relevant questions and take action effectively
• Strong capability of time management and prioritization
• Thoughtful and self-reflective, willing to learn
• Team-player, collaborative, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
What You’ll Need to Have:
• AA or higher level degree focused in Design – Textile/Surface Design a plus
• 1+ years experience in the Senior level
• High level of Proficiency in Photoshop, Google Docs, Word, Keynote
• Understanding of design/color principles and concept is required.
• Strong knowledge of formulating color palettes and be able to color match effectively
• Strong knowledge and understanding of composition
• Strong technical and organizational skills
• Ability to understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills
• Ability to partner and lead to improve performance and achieve professional goals
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to give and receive constructive criticism/critique
• Aesthetic and design alignment with the Ruggable brand
• You must be based in the LA area and be willing to work in office at least 2-3 days per week
• A strong interest or aptitude in-home/interior design textiles, specifically rug/carpet design a HUGE plus
• Experience in managing and designing products with high profile collaborators in the fields of Fashion, Art, Music and Street Culture
• A portfolio of traditional, Persian, or ornate rug or textile patterns/designs is a big plus
• Skills in other design programs, especially textile specific programs
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies:
Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.