Residential Interior Designer
House of Honey is seeking an Senior Interior Designer with a minimum of 5-plus years experience in residential design. This position will be working directly with the Creative Director and Principal of the firm and is responsible for developing and executing the design from the conceptual and presentation stage through the completion of construction documents and final installation. This is an excellent opportunity for a designer to join a small but fast-growing firm, and to participate fully in the creation of impactful designs for private homes and hospitality projects.
We are looking for a highly creative designer who is capable of leading projects, presenting and communicating directly with clients, as well as having the confidence to coordinate with other specialist consultants.
Please do not apply if you have not executed complex Interior Construction Document sets!
Key responsibilities and requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Studio Lead and Manager
• Leading project from Conceptual – Construction Adminstration.
• Strong AutoCAD skills required.
• Strong design and creativity with excellent attention to detail and presentation skills, as you will lead the design, reporting to the Creative Director
• Thorough knowledge of developing and producing design design packages from concept through construction detailing and specification
• Managing the project team, consultants, and suppliers es from concept design through to post-site operations
• Organized & deadline-driven, ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
• Strong knowledge of FFE
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and client liaison skills, including during client briefing and presentation stages
• General knowledge of code and technical design
• Ability to strictly manage project budgets and to work under tight deadlines
• Must hold a degree in interior design from an accredited university
• 5 plus years of progressive experience in a design firm is a must
• Proficiency in construction drawings, codes, materials, furniture, finish selections and specifications
• Proficiency in Studio Webware, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and Photoshop required
• Experience in hand rendering ering programs a plus (Sketchup is preferred)
• High level of product knowledge
• Experience managing junior designers and design interns a plus
• Confident, articulate and compelling presenter
• Ability to work well on a team
• Possess a high degree of passion, drive and knowledge to achieve the best possible creative results