Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2022-01-02
Creative Design, UI Design, Design Director, Product Designer
Job Description & How to Apply Below
GOAT Group’s Product Design team is the driving force for the company’s mission to be the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Our team imagines and creates the experiences that enable our customers to discover, get inspired, and shop across all of our platforms—GOAT, Flight Club, and alias.
GOAT is looking for a Lead Product Designer, with a focus on Android and iOS mobile apps, to join our Product Design team.
You will be responsible for serving as a design expert that can independently own projects, manage designers, and collaborating with product managers, and engineers to develop the experience for our customers across all of our brands.
In this role you will:
- Build a best-in-class design system that supports our Android and iOS products
- Provide an innovative point-of-view on how to elevate and scale our current iOS experiences for the Android platform
- Collaborate with Product and Brand designers and Engineers to ensure that the components and experiences we design are shippable
- Provide leadership to the Product Design team, manage junior designers, and contribute to the culture of the company
- Build upon and expand the holistic design vision of the brand, across products and platforms, with consideration for the product ecosystem’s future
- Synthesize customer, business, market, and analytics to make strategic decisions for improving the experience and solving design problems
- Be accountable for product design work is delivered on time, with strong attention to detail and the needs of the product, our brand, and our customers
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a product or experience/visual design role with a proven track record of independently leading projects and managing designers
- 3+ years working in the iOS and Android / Material design systems space — a background in both web and mobile system design preferred
- A strong knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines and Material design guidelines to craft solutions that feel right for their intended platform
- A portfolio featuring iOS and Android native design that have shipped
- A quick learner and self-starter, with an inherent sense of empathy and ability to lead others and work collaboratively
- A willingness to provide regular, direct and impactful feedback in team meetings and engage designers to help them grow their interpersonal and design skills
- Emotional intelligence—you truly care about your teammates and nurture positive relationships throughout the Design, Product, and Engineering teams
- An ability to thrive within a fast paced environment
- An ability to think globally, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future product and company-wide success
- Exceptional communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration—you can effectively articulate, evangelize and defend your ideas amongst your direct reports, peers, stakeholders, and leadership
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Expertise with designing mobile apps and experience with advanced media such as 3D, AR, and motion design is a plus
- A strong understanding of fashion and streetwear culture as well as knowledge of fashion and design trends is a plus
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Search for further Jobs Here: