Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only Success
OS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented full stack Sr. Product / Visual Designer to join our growing design team, helping us create best-in-class online digital and mobile experiences. We are a Silicon Valley tech company currently undergoing enormous growth as we roll out our performance management product globally. Do you love to create beautiful, fun and engaging design concepts?
If so, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Conceiving innovative new features and pitching those concepts directly to the CEO;
- Designing beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive interactions and flows across both web and mobile;
- You will be responsible for screen designs, prototypes, customer journey maps, high fidelity assets and detailed specifications;
- Helping ensure that the Surprise.com product experience is engaging, intuitive and fun for our customers and user base;
- Working with brand and design guidelines;
- Being a leader – Surprise.com is a design-led company and as a senior member of the design team you will be expected to lead projects and teams.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in classical arts, or another visual/design-based subject, with demonstrated full-stack experience designing user-facing technology products across web and mobile;
- Strong visual design skills, passion for interaction design, and knowledge of best-in-class visual design principles for mobile and web (e.g. HIG / Material design);
- Strong knowledge of visual design theory and fundamentals (e.g. Art and Visual Perception, Typography, Grid systems, Color theory, Iconography, Branding, Layout, User-system interaction);
- Expert knowledge of Figma (Components, Prototyping, Auto-layout, Team libraries);
- Proficiency with other industry tools such as Sketch, Adobe and Principle to effectively deliver high quality design solutions;
- You can understand the customer experience, and translate this into impactful and appropriate high-fidelity designs for digital products.
What skills will come in handy?
- Platform-specific knowledge of design patterns for iOS/Android;
- Motion design and animation techniques;
- Creation and support of design systems;
- Experience working on consumer-grade, high-scale, user-centric mobile applications;
- BFA or MFA from a top design program, e.g. SCAD, RISD, Pratt, RCA, etc.
As part of the interview process, we ask all candidates to submit a portfolio of relevant design work for our team to review. It is important to note that Surprise is a mobile-first company, and we are looking for full-stack product designers with extensive experience in visual design, who are able to transform rough wireframes into hi-fi, pixel-perfect mobile screens/experiences. The most competitive portfolios will showcase these skills.
, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them.
We are first and foremost customer driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end user experience.
Our design philosophy
Crafting emotional user experiences driven by delightful design is a core company value, and deeply embedded into our team’s DNA. The expansive (and ever-evolving!) illustrative universe of our product is unique, yet inspired by best-in-class design cultures from companies like Apple, AirBnb, Lyft, Spotify, Duolingo, and many others. Check out our Dribbble profile to get a feel for our brand aesthetic.
- A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and further our mission;
- Competitive comp;
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally.