Employee-owned Kitchell seeks an experienced and dedicated Senior Design Manager for A/E Services to join our Southern California region in Los Angeles and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the United States.
This opportunity is embedded nts with a well-financed backlog of work.
You have options as a consultant, why not become an employee owner and participate in profit sharing as you have impact improving the education facilities of tomorrow for our local community.
* Manages multiple projects with particular emphasis on seismic, critical repair and retrofit projects
* Manages and supervises a team of design professionals and other professionals through the design review process
* Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the A&E services to ensure that design plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements
* Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects
* Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements
* Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards
* Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for each project
* Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project
* Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted, and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment
* Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget
* Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations and updates
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering is required
* A Master’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering is preferred
* 14 s of full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, dination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities is required (with 4 s of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies)
* An RA or PE credential from the State of California is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a general, climate-controlled office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company founded in 1950. We provide general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, and Texas.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring, and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowner’s insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.