Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2021-11-08
Creative Design, Graphic Design, UI Design, Design Director
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Description Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only Success
OS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented full stack Principal Product Designer to join our growing design team, helping us create best-in-class online digital and mobile experiences. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with animators, illustrators, and visual designers to realize a pixel-perfect product that turns heads and drives personal and collective success.
So, if you’re ready to make a tremendous impact in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment while seeing your fingerprints on a truly global product, then we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Designing beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive interactions and flows across both web and mobile;
- Conceiving innovative new features and pitching those concepts directly to the CEO;
- Working collaboratively with designers from California to Kyiv;
- Maintaining responsibility for screen designs, prototypes, customer journey maps, high fidelity assets and detailed specifications;
- Helping ensure that the Surprise.com product experience is engaging, intuitive and fun for our customers and user base;
- Working with and producing brand and design guidelines.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in classical arts, or another visual/design-based subject, with demonstrated full-stack experience designing user-facing technology products across web and mobile;
- Strong product design skills, passion for interaction design, and knowledge of best-in-class visual design principles for mobile and web (e.g. HIG / Material design);
- Strong knowledge of visual design theory and fundamentals (e.g. Art and Visual Perception, Typography, Grid systems, Color theory, Iconography, Branding, Layout, User-system interaction);
- Expert knowledge of Figma (Components, Prototyping, Auto-layout, Team libraries);
- Proficiency with other industry tools such as Sketch, Adobe and Principle to effectively deliver high quality design solutions;
- Ability to understand the customer experience, and translate this into impactful and appropriate high-fidelity designs for digital products.
What skills will come in handy?
- Platform-specific knowledge of design patterns for iOS/Android;
- Motion design and animation techniques;
- Creation and support of design systems;
- Experience working on consumer-grade, high-scale, user-centric mobile applications;
- Being a leader – Surprise.com is a design-led company and as as a senior member you will likely be encouraged to mentor colleagues and indirectly lead projects;
- BFA or MFA from a top design program, e.g. SCAD, RISD, Pratt, RCA, etc.
Portfolio Review As part of the interview process, we ask all candidates to submit a portfolio of relevant design work for our team to review. It is important to note that Surprise is a mobile-first company, and we are looking for full-stack product designers with extensive experience in visual design, who are able to transform rough wireframes into hi-fi, pixel-perfect mobile screens/experiences.
The most competitive portfolios will showcase these skills.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Close collaboration between international team members;
- Flexible working hours;
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Corporate activities and parties;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!
Search for further Jobs Here: