We are looking for a Motion Designer to join our Creative Services team and provide creative support across the organization. Designer will conceptualize, design, and animate dynamic 2D and 3D graphics and original content for use in all aspects of event presentation, marketing, and partnerships, including in-game LED video boards, sponsored in-arena assets, and LA Clippers branded media platforms and digital channels.
Our ideal candidate is highly skilled in 3D design, has a keen eye for typography, possesses a high-level of creative resourcefulness with a well-defined design sense. Applications without portfolio of recent motion design work, including demo reel and animations, will not be considered.
This is a full-time role based out of our DTLA office and is eligible for our competitive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with company contribution, Well-Being Allowance, and more.
New members of our team must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and will need to provide verification of vaccination for COVID-19 at least seven days prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated refers to at least two (2) weeks after the final dose on a two-dose vaccination series (Pfizer or Moderna) or at least two (2) weeks after a single dose COVID-19 vaccination series (Johnson and Johnson).
What You Will Do
* Create graphics templates, as well as customized designs for team usage.
* Work closely with designers, marketing team, event presentation team, digital team, and social producers to create custom animations and maintain a consistent overall team brand.
* Understand brand and marketing objectives, contributing to the evolution of the team image.
* Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts of both complex graphics and animations; using independent judgment, principles and aesthetic design concepts.
* Produce animated motion graphics for all STAPLES Center LED displays.
* Design and create promotional and event presentation videos, animations, and graphics.
* Assist in developing concepts, storyboarding and pre-production.
* Create still-frame and animated graphics.
* Crafting high-quality original concepts with minimal direction.
* Prioritizing workload and managing expectations per direction from the Creative Director.
Your Background, Skills and Experience
* 5+ years of professional experience working in motion design.
* Expert with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro.
* Proficiency with Cinema 4D or other similar 3D animation experience/expertise required.
* Strong Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator skills.
* Passion for visual storytelling with a strong sense of design, typography, video.
* Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction.
* Strong collaboration and communication skills and able to adapt to various team projects and schedules.
* Enthusiasm and leadership experience to mentor junior-level teammates.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-tasking production environment.
* Must be able to work a flexible and dynamic work schedule that accommodates the needs and demands of the stakeholders in regard to project requests.
* Strong leadership skills.
* High level of personal integrity and professional ethics.
* Excellent communication / presentation skills with all levels of management and employees in the organization.
* Effective decision-making skills while utilizing sound judgment.
* Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions.
* Must be able to work long nights / weekends while in-season.
The LA Clippers are a proud equal opportunity employer. It is our desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. To request an accommodation, please contact us at .