Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only Success
OS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are looking for a designer to join our tight-knit team and create eye-catching content for our online marketing presence.
You will have ownership over a variety of projects from conceptualization to execution and help set the tone for our brand. You’ll work closely with design leadership and play a vital role in the future success of Surprise.
Do you love to create beautiful, fun, and engaging design concepts? If so, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Brainstorming, gathering feedback, and creating a variety of design solutions across many user touchpoints, such as banner ads, email campaigns, and landing pages;
- Executing top quality design work in line with company standards across a variety of mediums;
- Managing the quality of design across marketing team initiatives;
- Working with creative leadership to ensure that our marketing work adheres to the highest design standards and accurately reflects our brand;
- Supporting the team with guidance for visual expression.
What are we looking for?
- Proven design experience with a portfolio of examples that demonstrate strategic, visual conceptual and creative thinking;
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles;
- Ability to develop simple and elegant design solutions to solve complex design problems;
- Expert knowledge of Figma (Components, Prototyping, Auto-layout, Team libraries).
What skills will come in handy?
- You have an elegant, contemporary style, combined with proven experience collaborating closely with teams of art directors, writers, designers, animators, to launch beautifully designed campaigns, mobile content, and brand activation experiences;
- OOH campaign and/or agency experience a plus;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration;
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative, and relentlessly attentive to detail;
- Experience working on consumer-grade, high-scale, user-centric mobile applications.
As part of the interview process, we ask all candidates to submit a portfolio of relevant design work for our team to review. It is important to note that Surprise is a mobile-first company, and we are looking for full-stack product designers with extensive experience in visual design, who are able to transform rough wireframes into hi-fi, pixel-perfect mobile screens/experiences. The most competitive portfolios will showcase these skills.
, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsessing about the details, and going the extra mile to show our users we love them.
We are first and foremost customer driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Our design philosophy
Crafting emotional user experiences driven by delightful design is a core company value, and deeply embedded into our team’s DNA. The expansive (and ever-evolving!) illustrative universe of our product is unique, yet inspired by best-in-class design cultures from companies like Apple, AirBnb, Lyft, Spotify, Duolingo, and many others. Check out our Dribbble profile to get a feel for our brand aesthetic.
- A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and further our mission;
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally.