Job Description & How to Apply Below
Our Product Design team is dedicated to reimagining how customers around the world experience our products and services. By creating new, innovative and forward-thinking designs for all of GOAT Groups platforms, you will be part of the team that shapes the way individuals share, shop and discover, both now and in the future. As you develop our groundbreaking UI, you will find a culture of diversity, inclusion and collaboration supporting you at all levels of this global team.
GOAT is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Product Design team.
You will be responsible for serving as a design expert that can independently own projects, manage designers, and collaborating with product managers, and engineers to develop the experience for our customers across all of our brands.
In this role you will:
- Independently lead the design process across different mediums, including desktop, mobile, app, social, and new forms of experiential media to deliver memorable and compelling experiences to our customers
- Provide leadership to the Product Design team, manage junior designers, and contribute to the culture of the company
- Demonstrate an expertise of information architecture, typography, copy, and visual hierarchy to enable your team to efficiently and creatively solve complex design problems
- Develop and evangelize the holistic design vision of the brand, across products and platforms, with consideration for the product ecosystem’s future
- Synthesize customer, business, market, and analytics to make strategic decisions for improving the experience and solving design problems
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to create a clear, cohesive, and premium experience that separates itself from traditional commerce platforms
- Be accountable for product design work is delivered on time, with strong attention to detail and the needs of the product, our brand, and our customers
We are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a product or experience/visual design role with a proven track record of independently leading projects and managing designers
- A quick learner and self-starter, with an inherent sense of empathy and ability to lead others and work collaboratively
- A willingness to provide regular, direct and impactful feedback in team meetings and engage designers to help them grow their interpersonal and design skills
- A highly detailed leader with an ability to efficiently lead teams in solving high-level design projects for even the most complex interaction-design systems for entire products and families of products
- An ability to think globally, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future product and company-wide success
- An ability to lead cross-discipline product conversations, bringing a design voice to the conversation and maintain alignment between the Product, Brand, and Engineering teams
- Exceptional communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration-you can effectively articulate, evangelize and defend your ideas amongst your direct reports, peers, stakeholders, and leadership
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- Expertise with designing mobile apps and experience with advanced media such as 3D, AR, and motion design
- Expertise with how to apply the elements of experience design, such as information architecture, accessibility, customer journeys, prototyping, and testing
- Expertise with how to apply the elements of visual design, such as typography, photography, motion, and interaction
- A proven understanding of fashion and streetwear culture as well as knowledge of fashion and design trends
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Search for further Jobs Here: