Life at PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 22 locations worldwide, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on peoples lives and the world we inhabit. We are an integrated firm which our professional roster consists of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
Perkins Eastman has an exciting opportunity in our Los Angeles office for a passionate and design-oriented Junior Designer to be a part of a diverse team of Architects, Planners, Interior Designers, Technical Leaders, and Project Managers. The Junior Designer should ideally have skills to complete documentation necessary for the design and project delivery consistent with the firms commitment to design and quality.
* Reporting to the Principal Project Designer, the Junior Architectural Designer will perform the following tasks:
* Complete both the artistic and technical aspects of architectural design, including conceptual idea development, exploratory illustrations, and 3D documentation.
* Produce high quality graphic materials and drawings for business development, design competitions, and client presentations.
* Provide conceptual and integrated design solutions and assist in project research.
* Work with design team on project and site analysis.
* Produce hand sketches and build physical models.
* Contribute to the design process by applying various software platforms, such as REVIT, the Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Sketch-up, and/or Grasshopper.
* Collaborate with project teams through all phases, including Marketing, Design Pursuits, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
* Attend client and project team meetings. Required
* Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Architecture
* Minimum of 1 to 3 years of Architecture design experience on projects of any scale
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Ability to create exceptional presentation quality graphics and diagrams
* Possess a strong and creative design portfolio
* Proficient in software such as:
* Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
* 3D modelling, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketchup, etc.
* Revit and other BIM
* MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel)
* Prefer experience in 3D visualization/ rendering software such as Enscape and Maya.
* Ability to do quick hand sketches