Were looking for an Industrial Designer to join Sprint
Ray Inc. Sprint
Ray is a Los Angeles-based technology company that designs and makes additive manufacturing solutions for digital dentistry. Our design team is looking for an Industrial Designer to help us create the next generation of our products. As an Industrial Designer at Sprint
Ray, you will be responsible for creating product concepts based on criteria given by product architects and the engineering team. Within the design team, you will collaborate with product architects, visual designers, and software engineers to generate product concepts and prototypes, test and validate ideas, and ultimately implement them in our products. Sprint
Ray design philosophy revolves around human-centric design, uncompromised functionality, and easy-to-understand communication, with the utmost respect to aesthetics. We strive to create well-balanced products that address user needs in the most effective and elegant way. What you’ll do:
* Collaborate with hardware engineering and product marketing to create compelling and easy-to-use product concepts.
* Engage with the hardware engineering team to design, create CAD files, come up with ideas for clever mechanical and part designs that are ready for manufacturing.
* Collaborate with vendors across the globe (USA, Europe, and China) to optimize designs for manufacturing
* Create visual imagery for packaging design and user manuals
* Design packaging experience
* Make presentations and demo ideas to engineers and product managers.
* Conduct user research, identify needs, validate concepts, synthesize data, and create prototypes in order to improve the usability of current and future products.
* Understand and internalize Sprint
Ray design philosophy, apply it to all of your work and strive to refine and improve it. Your opinion and influence will be essential to the growth of our design philosophy.
* Take up the mantle of design and be proactive about applying Sprint
Ray design philosophy to all aspects of what we do.
* +5 years of work experience in Industrial Design
* A phenomenal portfolio of clever design solutions (having designs that made it to production are a huge plus)
* Bachelors degree in Industrial Design
* Fully Proficient in Solid
Works (mastery of the feature tree) and Keyshot
* Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing and experience with injection molding
* Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
* A love for the design process and ability to collaborate across teams
* An interest in 3D printing and helping to shape the future of manufacturing
* Proficiency in user research and experience with ethnographic research is a huge plus Preferred Skills and
* Understanding of contextual interface design for embedded systems; related examples of past work should be included in the portfolio
* Capable of acting as a Product Manager and leading teams when needed
* Have a strong, holistic approach to designing that considers all aspects of the user experience
* Experience designing for accessibility and inclusivity
* Strong attention to detail in regards to visual communication, aesthetic design, and the production of projects
* Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills About Sprint
Ray Inc. Sprint
Ray is a technology company that designs, manufactures, and supports additive manufacturing with an emphasis on digital dentistry. Our products empower dentists to provide faster, higher-quality care to their patients. Sprint
Ray is the only technology company that provides a complete user experience for dentists and digital dentistry, from product to long-term support and education. Sprint
Ray designs and offers a complete ecosystem of hardware, software, and materials that work in sync to create a seamless user experience. This unique position allows us to focus on helping our customers, particularly dentists, harness additive manufacturing to improve the lives of their patients. To All Recruitment Agencies:
Ray does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to company email addresses or other company contacts. Sprint
Ray is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly. Sprint
Ray is an equal opportunity employer.