At Cumming, you will work on some of the world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest-growing project and cost management consultancies in the United States, as reflected in our top 15 ranking in ENR. With over 35 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double-digit year-over-year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are limitless!
We are currently hiring for a Director, Graphic Design to be based out of our San Diego, CA, Los Angeles, CA or Chicago, IL office. This position serves as Cumming’s creative lead. They are responsible for establishing and controlling our brand standards, and helping to continuously shape our visual brand to align with who we are and who we want to become as an organization.
The Director of Graphic Design must be a confident, flexible leader, capable of processing constructive feedback, while at the same time avoiding compromising the integrity of their design. They must be assertive and passionate, possess the ability to articulate the qualities of strong design, and stand behind their concepts with conviction.
In this role, you should be capable of working independently as well as be a skilled manager with the ability to lead a team of internal and external resources to accomplish multiple projects simultaneously. They must be able to take projects from concept development through completion with little direction.
The Director of Graphic Design should be professionally trained in the core areas of graphic design, from basic design composition to the appropriate use of color and typography. Additionally, the individual should be skilled in the nuances of design relative to print (both large and small format), digital, and web.
* Work to understand the company’s core services and vision in order to advance its goals through high-quality design.
* Help to create and control the company’s visual brand across all facets of the organization.
* Develop detailed creative briefs to help document client requirements.
* Interpret client requirements and develop creative design concepts.
* Remain up-to-date on the latest design trends, technologies, and best practices through conferences, events, and other leading sources.
* Participate in photo and video shoots and other activities requiring creative input.
* Serve as a mentor to all team members directly involved in the creative aspects of our business.
* Manage all visual assets for the organization.
* Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or a related field is required. A Master of Fine Arts is preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years’ of related experience in the field of graphic design is required.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
* Experience with raw HTML and CSS, and a working knowledge of WordPress, a plus.
* Possess strong leadership skills, including an ability to exhibit confidence in self and others, inspire and motivate others, command respect and trust, and accept feedback from subordinates and superiors.
* Ability and willingness to seek clarification on project requirements as needed.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within five business days.
Cumming provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.