Designer – Junior – Retail Centers
As a Gensler Junior Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients.
You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts.
You are an integral member of the design team who relishes contributing a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought-processes and design exploration. With you as part of our team, interiors will have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
* Assist in conceptual design, schematic design, and design development.
* Create conceptual design packages for feasibility studies, projects, and competitions.
* Build 3D architectural and interior design models and graphic presentations.
* Assist in selecting of color, materials and finishes to appropriately convey design concept, and to meet functional, socio-psychological and safety requirements.
* Participate in selection and specification of furniture, fixture, equipment and millwork; provision of contract documents to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of furniture.
* Help to coordinate and collaborate with allied design professionals such as architect, MEP, structural, electrical engineer to resolve design issues.
* Assist with preparation of construction documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specification.
* Provide support in administration of contract documents, bids and negotiations to ensure completion and execution of projects.
* Assist licensed architect in validating and facilitating design decision via technology tools such as digital fabrication, physical mock-up, and virtual reality.
* Lead and produce large scale, immersive and explorable VR architectural experiences using rendering and gaming engines with good understanding of both the technical and visual aspects of using virtual reality technology.
* Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Graphic Design, Architecture or related field.
* 0-5 years of design experience as a Designer, Interior Designer, Technical Designer, or related position.
* Strong communication and relationship management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Demonstrable proficiency in Revit and Adobe Suite
* Rendering and visual communication skills are highly valued
* Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
* Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
* Passion for both the big picture design ideas and the details
* Familiar with retail related ADA compliance and building codes
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and Enscape preferred
* Demonstrated expertise in sustainable building practices and/or office leadership in sustainable building practices experience preferred.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.