Your Role Gensler Los Angeles is seeking a Junior Designer (Interiors) for the South West Region. As a Gensler Designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients.
You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. With you as part of the design team, interiors have never been so engaging. What You Will Do
* Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, and construction documentation
* Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
* Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
* Construction Documentation – Detailing, architectural and MEP coordination
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
* Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators Your
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
* 0- 2 years of interior design experience
* Proficiency in modeling using 3D software;
Revit is preferred
* Aptitude in rendering software (Enscape or Vray is preferred)
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
* Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format. Life at Gensler At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees.
In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Rewards and Recognition Gensler has been recognized as a leader in the ENR “Top 500 Design Firms” and “Top 150 Global Design Firms”, the Architectural Record “Top 150 Architectural Firms”, BD+E #1 International Architecture Firm and #1 Green Building Architecture Firm, and the Interior Design “Top 100 Giants”.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.