Job Summary:DMED Technology Design:
Design at Disney is at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our fans love and crave. We strive to design high-quality end-to-end experiences while maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture. To us, team-fit and attitude are as important as hard design skills.
DMED Technology Design is the unified design org for 90+ customer-facing websites/apps and hundreds of enterprise products in the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology organization. We are the storytellers responsible for adding something special to our consumers experience every day through exciting design, artwork, branding and UX globally. We are responsible for driving the product design, user experiences, creative direction, production design, motion design, service design, UX copywriting, UX research and UX engineering.
It is our job to create a framework that delivers consistent, creative and innovative user experiences for people whether they are using Disneys consumer-facing products, or the platforms, products and tools that help power our business. Crucially, how we do that work must be both imaginative and efficient, allowing us to also free our team devote energy to using design to drive innovation.
The consumer portfolio we get to design for includes many of the most trusted and beloved brands in the world ABC, ABC News, Disney, ESPN, Freeform, FX, Marvel, National Geographic and Star Wars. These are great products, and our charge is to always imagine ways to make them even better; to deliver happiness and magical moments through artistry and inventive design, reinforcing the emotional connection between consumers and Disneys brands.
The enterprise portfolio we are responsible for is also critically important and our colleagues, partners and businesses will be relying upon us to bring the same kind of imagination, ease and consistent excellence to those experiences.
The DMED Technology Product Design team delivers transformative consumer-facing product innovation across Mobile, Desktop, and TV apps for our consumer experiences. This mission includes delivering brand-specific consumer experiences, building cohesive user journeys within a product family, partnering across Product, Engineering and other business partners, and working with Design team members directing rapid visual concepts, producing high fidelity visual design. We are a multi-disciplinary design team where youll have the opportunity to collaborate with many design groups and specialties to create innovative products that people love to use.
Designers at Disney is a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate inclusively
throughout your design process and evolve the way Disney operates. We expect a Designer II
to work on projects from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth
knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies
- You will define app and web experiences for consumer-facing products
- You will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You will work closely with teammates to produce design solutions using sketches,
wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- You will be present design work to stakeholders and partners
- 3+ years of relevant industry experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You have experience designing high-quality experiences and user flows across app and
- You have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- You are a self-motivated, problem solver
- You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- You are hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- You have an interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- You have a strong work ethic, are reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
- You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
- You have strong knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative