Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2022-01-15
Engineering Design, UI Design, Design Director, Product Designer
UI Design, Product Designer
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Come join our team to create, inspire, and influence user-centered designs nd. Esri’s Design System is a collection of design and development resources for creating beautiful, easy to use, cohesive experiences across apps with minimal effort.
- Drive the overall direction and vision of the Calcite design system, from small foundational UI elements to larger scale visual design patterns, web components, and documentation
- Embrace and nurture relationships with product teams across the company
- Work with leadership to develop roadmaps to drive system efficiency, utility, and consistency across the platform
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of system thinkers from designers to developers
- Collaborate with partners across design and engineering to define, build, and release new components and patterns for our products
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration
- Lead the visual and technical direction of the experience design, visual style, and technical tooling, with input from product design and development teams
- Manage the backlog and roadmap of library features
- Facilitate regular team scrum and sprint planning sessions
- Clarify scope to balance delivering minimum useful functionality with properly scalable system design
- Present the system’s mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise
- Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system aspects
- Align research activity to assess efficacy of system concerns
- 6+ years of experience working with design teams and building design systems–you have a breadth of knowledge of what goes into product design, from systems to visuals
- Ability to take a systems-mindset to build and integrate consistent, efficient components across the Esri platform
- Strong track record of crafting, launching, and maintaining design systems at scale with a keen eye for interaction and visual design for new system components
- 3+ years managing product teams–you have experience leading a small cross-functional team of designers and developers
- A collaborative approach–you’re a great partner to your cross-functional teammates
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with design, product manager, engineers, and stakeholders
- Expert understanding of web development best practices (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Great communication skills with the ability to present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience
- A growth-mindset; open and receptive to feedback and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process
- Experience with Figma/Sketch components, UI kits
- Experience with accessibility and internationalization at scale, specifically for design systems
- Bachelor’s or higher in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, or related field
- Familiarity with mapping applications and GIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is t of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, r characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email askcareers and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Search for further Jobs Here: