Blu Dot Design & Manufacturing, Inc.
Blu Dot (www.bludot.com) is recognized for its inventive use of materials, playful sensibility, and fabrication/assembly strategies determined by an economy of means. Its range of home furnishings is sold in fine design stores across the US, Canada and abroad. The company has won many national and international design awards, and its designs are included in the collections of numerous museums. Blu Dot is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
Position Title: Design Sales Associate
Reports To: Store Manager, Blu Dot Los Angeles
Position Summary: To create a compelling shopping and purchasing experience for Blu Dot customers through exceptional service, excellence in merchandise presentation, and cultivation of an all-inclusive, high energy store environment. Advance Blu Dot’s reputation as an American design studio in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Qualifications: Are you a strong and effective communicator with 3-5 years of retail sales experience? Do you rearrange furniture for sport? Harbor a unique collection? Love shelter magazines, strange buildings or flea markets? Do you aspire to striking the perfect balance of highbrow and lowbrow? Do you know the hustle? Have you mastered the art and courage of the sales call? Can you turn a frown upside down and keep your cool when the universe conspires against you?
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Represent and expand the customer’s connection to the Blu Dot brand through a personable and professional demeanor
- Meet monthly sales goals and maximize profitability
- Use product information and design knowledge to demonstrate merchandise features and benefits
- Suggest additional items based on assessment of customer’s needs
- See sales through to completion and follow up with the customer as necessary
- Actively prospect new customers and to the trade client base
- Execute and maintain visual merchandising standards of showroom. Assist in seasonal floor change including light furniture assembly and some lifting.
- Utilize store supply of sales & marketing materials and distribute effectively to customers
- Maintain accurate customer email database for communicating sales, events and promotions
- Help with marketing functions such as sales, advertising, direct mailing, trade shows, and holiday events
- Availability to work weekends is required
Compensation + Benefits: Compensation will be based on experiences and qualifications. Benefits for eligible employees include group health insurance plans, company-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, employer-matched 401k retirement savings plan, maternity leave & parental leave benefits, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and generous product discounts.