Job Description & How to Apply Below
Lead design process during pursuit or post-award between design firm and internal pursuit or construction team to ensure the most optimized, efficient and cost effective construction design.
- Reviews and evaluates design drawings for alternative build pursuits to ensure feasible constructability, cost efficiency and design optimization.
- Engages Technical Services, construction management and estimating departments for additional technical and construction input to identify and mitigate construction risks.
- Provides technical insight at meetings to ensure unified understanding of the design drawings and budget implications associated with designer plans. Includes external designers, construction managers and support engineering teams in weekly taskforce planning meetings, as necessary.
- Works closely with external design firm, internal construction, estimating and engineering teams during project construction or pursuits to identify design risks and optimization opportunities. Recommends, tracks and documents contract change orders regarding the construction design to ensure accurate and compliant project controls.
- Submits design progress and cost reporting to project management team throughout the life of the project to guarantee united understanding of project and budget status. Provides input on material quantities and design strategies to lower project cost and mitigate risks.
- Ensures accurate, complete and timely submission of all design packages, and coordinates split packages, so construction schedule continues without delays. Design package responsibility includes tracking the permits and public information sessions required of the external design firm. Attends public information sessions, as needed.
- Attends and participates in technical reviews and design presentations with project Owner to ensure design comprehension and assist with change order approvals.
- Submits monthly project status reporting to design and operations leadership in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction industry, design engineering, estimating or related experience required.
- Experience managing construction design teams and design firms.
- Experience working with alternative design pursuits (Design Build, P3, etc.) required.
- Experience working with Procore, Primavera P6, AutoCAD and Bluebeam required.
- Professional Engineering License (PE/Peng) preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and skill in technical writing for efficient and concise document control and presentations to all levels of the business.
- Strong knowledge of construction engineering principles and regulatory codes required.
- Valid drivers license required.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Search for further Jobs Here: