We are seeking a Design Coordinator as part of our growing Design and Construction team based out of Los Angeles. As a Design Coordinator, you will provide administrative support to the team to help drive completion of deliverables. This role will work closely with the Design Managers as well as our PM team, external design consultants, and internal cross functional partners to execute project deliverables.
Design Coordinators own key phases of the Project Lifecycle and contribute to the success of the D&C Team by supporting our Designer Managers.
A successful candidate will be passionate about the interior architecture industry, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This role is ideal for innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for establishing and fostering relationships. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support day-to-day operations of the project team, including meeting coordination, meeting notes, create presentations, and keep meeting minutes as needed.
• Coordinate calendars, site walks, and security access.
• Administer project procedures and create best practices.
• Collaborate with Design Managers and cross functional partners to create tools and templates.
• Manage and maintain execution of Design Guidelines throughout the Project Lifecycle
• Manage meet and greets with prospective design consultants
• Ensure project recap/action items are issued in a timely manner.
• Manage communication of design efforts with internal Project Managers and broader Workplace partners.
• Manage close-out process for all design deliverables at completion of each project
• Minimum of 3 years of project coordination experience, previous experience in an architecture or commercial interior design firm highly sought after
• Knowledgeable of the design/architectural project process
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience in interior architecture, interior design, architectural design or construction
• Knowledge of the range of design principles and aesthetics
• Familiarity with space planning methodology
• Familiarity with procurement of furnishings and finishes
• Familiarity with building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• High level of organizational skills & effective time management
• Proficient with Google Office Suite
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat)
• Interest in design management and the construction industry
• Motivated and disciplined to work effectively and autonomously
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible with shifting requirements