In Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), we’re building the next generation of devices and experiences that make people feel closer. This includes Oculus and Portal products, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) software and content, and research and development labs. FRL Brand Design team solves bigger strategic problems for the business and our brands using design as a strategic tool and drives the design evolution and execution of our FRL brands.
The main focus areas are 1) bringing Brand Strategies to life, 2) building scalable design systems, platforms and programs and 3) designing consistent, meaningful, and innovative brand experiences.
We are currently seeking a Creative Director, Brand Design to partner with designers, writers, producers, marketers, and researchers to develop the Oculus brand, ensuring a consistent visual language through all touch points. This person must have a strong background in design & creative direction (brand agency or in-house brand design team) with a strong, focused experience in Graphic Design, Brand Identities, and Marketing.
This person also should be a highly strategic thinker with a proven track record for leading efforts to execute across print, retail, packaging, OOH, events & experiential, digital (including product), social media, and motion.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, semi-structured environment is critical. This person must be comfortable guiding teams, freelancers, agencies, and production partners, but should be willing to roll up the sleeves to do the design work itself.
- Oversee the design direction and execution of Oculus brand design strategy
- Evolve the visual language of the brand and continue to hone in on the brand systems to create styles that become iconic
- Manage development of executions that strongly resonate with a range of audiences while maintaining consistency for the brand
- Develop original breakthrough ideas for a variety of touch-points across print, retail, packaging, OOH, events & experiential, digital, social media, and motion
- Execute on strong conceptual and expressive brand design across all surfaces where Oculus operates
- Sketch, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research – and get your hands dirty where needed
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex briefs into simple, compelling ideas and highly-engaging, world-class design
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence as a beloved leader of designers and partner of producers, program managers, product marketing managers and cross-functional partners in product and industrial design
- Inspire, enable, energize, and manage a group of world-class designers, freelancers, and agency partners
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years experience as a creative leader with an emphasis on brand design
- Experience across the full palette of brand expression: print, retail, packaging, OOH, events & experiential, digital, social media, and motion
- Experience developing and managing holistic consumer facing brand systems in an integrated environment
- Experience leading creative work and overseeing creative teams and/or agencies
- Experience recruiting talent and mentoring creative teams
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a research driven environment
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at accommodations-ext.