Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave’s financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We are building a high quality, high performing Design team. If you have a strong sense of empathy, constantly look for ways to impact users’ lives at scale and are committed to collaboration and continuous development, then this is the place for you. This is an opportunity to get in early and be a formative part of establishing the design culture here at Dave.
The design team is comprised of four distinct pillars (research, product design, operations, and design platform) Our Design Platform team includes brand design, illustration, motion, graphics, and design systems. This team is responsible for the visual expression of the Dave Brand across all design touchpoints.
As a Brand Designer at Dave, you will be expected to demonstrate a passion for great design and for expanding, evolving, defining, and documenting flexible design systems that achieve bar-raising quality and consistency for the brand at scale. The ideal candidate excels across a variety of styles, crisply articulates design decisions, iterates quickly, and collaborates seamlessly with marketers, product managers, leaders, other designers, and agency partners.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve, expand, and maintain the design direction of the Dave visual brand in partnership with Design leadership and others on the Brand Design team
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners to serve our customers
- Oversee the work of external teams in execution and production
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence by mentoring designers and partners in best practices, design process, and ideation
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years relevant brand design experience (think: digital first, fundamental human needs, complexity; for example: financial services, healthcare, real estate)
- Experience at a digital-first product company and creative services agency preferred
- Strong visual design portfolio demonstrating a range of work across different mediums
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma
- Experience working with design and identity systems within scalable frameworks
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as product design, product marketing, and data analysis.
- Experience working with and evolving brand guidelines and systems
- To be a strategic thinker, able to see an idea through from concept to execution
- Great communication and time management skills
Benefits & Perks
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
- Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
- Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
- Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.