Los Angeles – Los Angeles County – CA California – USA
Listed on 2022-01-01
Creative Design, Graphic Design, Design Director
Art Direction, Creative Design, Graphic Design
Job Description & How to Apply Below
Description Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only Success
OS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director specialized in Motion Design to lead a team of designers and drive the creation of eye-catching motion graphics. Our ideal candidate is an excellent manager with a discerning eye for what makes engaging visual content. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners to produce second-to-none social ads, OOH spots, commercials, and much more.
So, if you’re eager to work on a highly creative and gutsy brand and push the barriers of design, then we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with creative leadership to generate eye-catching advertisements;
- Helping to design and direct Surprise’s motion design identity;
- Advising on, and helping evolve, Surprise.com’s brand guidelines;
- Helping to lead design team contributors on motion graphics, animation, and video editing projects;
- Collaborating with fellow designers and product managers to deliver delightful content;
- Interacting cross-functionally as an advocate and facilitator for brand design;
- Directing external partners and vendors when necessary to ensure the brand vision, tone, and voice is always coming off appropriately and successfully;
- Maintaining brand consistency while looking for ways to elevate and innovate.
What are we looking for?
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and impeccable craft with speed and efficiency across a variety of projects;
- Strong knowledge of visual design theory and fundamentals (e.g. Art and Visual Perception, Color theory, Form, Branding, Anatomy);
- Exceptional skills across a variety of design disciplines, with an unwavering commitment to the highest quality of design;
- Emotional intelligence to think through design problems with partners and arrive at thoughtful and surprising solutions.
What skills will come in handy?
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in illustration, animation, motion design, or a related field;
- Experience in motion graphics as it relates to mobile-first product UI design;
- Solid 2D character and object rotation;
- BFA or MFA from a top design program, e.g. SCAD, RISD, Pratt, RCA, etc.
Our design philosophy Crafting emotional user experiences driven by delightful design is a core company value, and deeply embedded into our team’s DNA. The expansive (and ever-evolving!) illustrative universe of our product is unique, yet inspired by best-in-class design cultures from companies like Apple, AirBnb, Lyft, Spotify, Duolingo, and many others. Check out our Dribbble profile to get a feel for our brand aesthetic.
- A team of extraordinary people, working hard to better themselves and to further our mission;
- Competitive comp and equity;
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision;
- And, of course, we get Surprises internally.
Search for further Jobs Here: