Position: ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN MANAGER
High-End, Decorative Furniture and Lighting Manufacturer seeking a highly organized and capable Architectural Design & Engineering Manager with experience managing a team of drafters and design detailers. Note this is an Autodesk/AutoCAD office – please confirm that is your primary design tool and/or that you are extremely proficient in AutoCAD. This role will provide drafting, designing and engineering of decorative furniture, lighting and architectural feature elements.
The ideal candidate will have strong technology skills, the ability to manage themselves and other contractors, solid experience in a similar role, and be very detail oriented.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Management of Incoming Project Design Drawings.
– Drafting and Creation of Shop Drawings.
– Construction and Fabrication Detailing.
– Coordinating and Directing Vendors in Design and Manufacturing.
– Monitoring, Redlining and Updating Contractor Drawings.
– Creating Work Orders for Shop Fabrication.
– Preparing Take-offs and Estimates.
– Reporting Status Updates to Project Managers & Clients.
– Provide expertise as an in-house resource for other departments.
– Supporting Administrative Tasks as needed. Required Skills and
– At least 3-5 Years AutoCAD 2D Experience – High level Excel and Word Skills.
– Experience reading architectural and construction drawings.
– 3D Drafting is a Plus, but not required:
Autodesk Inventor, 3DS Max – Strong facility with technology, adapting to new systems and solutions as required.
– Ability to work independently and manage projects from beginning to end.
– Strong analytical skills, sound decision-making abilities.
– Clear verbal and written communication skills.
We offer :
– Medical and Disability Plan – 401k Profit Sharing Plan – Paid Vacation – Scheduled Work at Home Days – Competitive Pay – Opportunities for Advancement If you feel you are the perfect candidate for this position:
Please attach your resume and a brief cover letter describing why we should hire you Please highlight any additional skills and experiences you bring to the table. Please list salary requirements and your go-to design and drafting programs in your cover letter.
Luxury Manufacturing Company located in East Los Angeles that caters to the hospitality industry