At Known we believe that when creative truly collaborates with science and strategy, amazing things can happen. And we’re seeing this work every day. We’re looking for an Animator/Designer who shares this vision to join our team.
As a member of the Entertainment Marketing & Design team at Known, the Animator/Designer will support the Head of Design & Art and Creative Director with design and animation executions across digital and organic social launch assets. This position requires a passionate and innovative Animator/Designer who is a strong storyteller. They will ideate and execute a wide variety of creative with a specific emphasis on illustration, layout design, kinetic type, compositing, storyboarding and 2D animation for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Giphy, HTML5, UX/UI, email and other digital/social design assets.
As the ideal candidate, you understand creative business strategies and objectives and can translate them into impactful storytelling through design.
You will have a keen eye for detail mixed with creative and technical know-how, and will be charged with not only developing existing design concepts for marketing campaigns but also developing new design projects from conception to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create and concept outstanding, pixel-perfect static designs as well as 2D motion graphic designs/animations for organic social and digital assets
* A strong designer and storyteller first and an After Effects operator second
* Develop kinetic type treatments, storyboards and style frames to “sell” in ideas to larger creative team prior to moving into animation production
* Participate in concepting brainstorms to ensure ideas are executable and accurately solve business goals and priorities
* Play a hands-on role in the ideation, revision, versioning and delivery of outstanding social, digital and linear creative concepts, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and environment (Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters and Account Teams)
* Work with established brand and platform guidelines to maintain existing designs
* Ensure consistency and efficacy of production and design throughout all creative
* Work closely with the VP, Head of Design & Art, Creative Director, Art Director and Creative Producer to ensure files are built to spec per platform and released/delivered on-time
* Execute high-quality, accurate design revisions in support of creative team with keen attention to detail
* Create various formats and sizes of supplied artwork
* Leverage talent for visual design to contribute to holistic experiences that solve for business goals
* Ensure and develop best practice principles in conjunction with wider team
* Consistently communicate with project owners regarding project status and challenges
* Provide technical input and advice on projects as required to achieve high quality
* Offer input and share ideas at creative meetings
* Manage creative request workflow by prioritizing projects
* Expert proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Impeccable design taste displayed in a multidisciplinary portfolio of work with a social/digital focus
* Solid understanding of fundamental disciplines of design as well as design trends, specifically across brand design, kinetic type, compositing, 2D animation and mixed media motion graphic design
* Must be able to work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented
* Ability to integrate feedback with a keen eye for detail
* Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while being calm under pressure
* A desire to understand the advertising industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
* A passion for entertainment and title-based marketing
* Strong work ethic, adaptable to ever-changing hours and demands, with ability to refocus and develop options for quick changes in projects
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills
* Team player with exceptional interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to navigate and collaborate effectively with teams
* Self-driven, eager to learn and goal-oriented
* BA in design or other related field
* 3-5+ years of professional experience working in design at an advertising agency, design firm and/or in-house creative team